View Full Version : iPAQ 3650 Battery problem

pach
08-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Hi everyone. I recently got a iPAQ 3650 which is physically in great condition, and also was sparingly used.

The PDA works fine when connected to a charger. And also settings page shows that it's properly charging. But when i remove the power cord, it shuts down and i can't turn it on with the charger unplugged. What may be the problem friends? Whether a new battery would set things right...

Btw i have charged this for nearly 20 hours to make sure that it gets sufficient charging. But still it doesn't power on without charger.

Regards

LWesson
08-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Hi everyone. I recently got a iPAQ 3650 which is physically in great condition, and also was sparingly used.

The PDA works fine when connected to a charger. And also settings page shows that it's properly charging. But when i remove the power cord, it shuts down and i can't turn it on with the charger unplugged. What may be the problem friends? Whether a new battery would set things right...

Btw i have charged this for nearly 20 hours to make sure that it gets sufficient charging. But still it doesn't power on without charger.

Regards

If it has been sitting for any length of time, the battery will probably need to be replaced.

Best Regards,

Leonard
http://www.ppctechs.com

init13h
08-22-2008, 06:43 PM
Sounds like the battery is gone. Cannot hold a charge or maybe
something is wrong with the pda and it cannot charge the battery.
I have seen both of these problems before on many devices.

init13h

LegacyHH
07-22-2009, 04:37 AM
Hello,

I had picked up a 3670 with the exact same issue. It was the battery, and it was very easy to replace. It did act like it was charging when on A/C, but as soon as it was removed the screen would go dark and slowly artifact into nothing.

You can get a battery for around $10, so its probably a worthy investment.

Good luck,