View Full Version : Vidoes UNSYNCING from Zune when syncing with software

jasonrak
07-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Hi
I sync my Zune 80 with my software daily. I am noticing that every few days when I start the sync in teh software, all my music videos that are synced on the Zune disappear from teh Zune. Why could this be? It doesnt happen everytime I sync. Any suggestions?
Thanks so much!
Jason

Jason Dunn
07-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Are you deleting them from your desktop PC? As in, do you sync the videos to your Zune, disconnect your Zune, delete the videos off your PC, then re-connect the Zune the next day? When you delete something from the Zune library (videos, music, photos, etc.) it will remove it from the Zune.

jasonrak
07-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Are you deleting them from your desktop PC? As in, do you sync the videos to your Zune, disconnect your Zune, delete the videos off your PC, then re-connect the Zune the next day? When you delete something from the Zune library (videos, music, photos, etc.) it will remove it from the Zune.

Hmm. No Jason thats not quite it but you did give me an idea. My videos are actually on my Apple Time capsule external hard drive. I use VMWare on my iMac and i have the videos folder in Zune sofware obviously pointed to my Time Capsule drive. When the Time capsule isnt running (ie. it powers down when nothing on it has been used for 5-10 minutes), it wont recognize anything that is pointed to it. So when I sync my Zune in the morning with Time Capsule not in use for all night, the Zune sees it as if the videos arent there in the Zune software. This would make sense but Overthe next day or two I am going to test it out both ways and I will know for sure.
Thanks for your reply - it sparked a possible resolution in any event!
Jason

Jason Dunn
07-10-2008, 11:45 PM
My videos are actually on my Apple Time capsule external hard drive. I use VMWare on my iMac and i have the videos folder in Zune sofware obviously pointed to my Time Capsule drive. When the Time capsule isnt running (ie. it powers down when nothing on it has been used for 5-10 minutes), it wont recognize anything that is pointed to it.

Heh. Wow - that's a setup that's certainly asking for trouble! :eek: Let me know if that's what the problem ends up being though...