View Full Version : Tip: Discover 'New and Necessary' Music

Adam Krebs
07-09-2008, 10:30 PM
<p>"<em>You ever wanna hear new stuff but have no idea where to look other than scouring Zune Marketplace?" ACE from ZuneBoards asks in paraphrase, "Well Zune makes it easy with this ever changing playlist! Check it out!</em>*"</p><br /><p>If you're a subscriber to the Marketplace, you have no excuse not to check out the New and Necessary playlist. Featuring the latest in hip hop, indie rock, pop, electronica and reggae, plus everything in between, the New and Necessary list is bound to have something you'll like. Personally, my music collection has been stuck in the stone age for years, and this looks to be the kick start I need. Thanks ACE!</p>

Phillip Dyson
07-10-2008, 06:47 PM
This sounds like something that I should check out.

But what would really be nice is a playlist for "Here is what you just added to your library".

Often times I add stuff to my library, then when I walk away with my Zune, I can't remember everything. So sometimes it doesn't get listened to.

albucian
07-10-2008, 08:37 PM
Why don't you make an autoplaylist for that?

Create an autoplaylist. In the bottom you can put "arranged by date added", so in this list you will see first everything you put last. You can also limit the size of the playlist by adding "in the last days" + a # of days in the "recently added" section. You can also limit the total number of song in the playlist, but you may miss some stuff if you add a lot of thing in one time.

Phillip Dyson
07-10-2008, 09:09 PM

Create an autoplaylist. In the bottom you can put "arranged by date added", so in this list you will see first everything you put last. You can also limit the size of the playlist by adding "in the last days" + a # of days in the "recently added" section. You can also limit the total number of song in the playlist, but you may miss some stuff if you add a lot of thing in one time.

Thanks albucian, that's an excellent idea. I haven't tinkered with the auto playlists yet. I guess that's why it didn't occur to me. It looks like you can put some pretty custom conditions in those. I'll give it a shot.

David Tucker
07-10-2008, 09:44 PM

That's a pretty sweet tip!

Phillip Dyson
07-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Your "just added" playlist tip is working pretty good for me. Its most useful with the weekly freebies. Usually, if I'm interested, I just click and add them to me library days before I'm in a position to listen to them.

This way I can go back and see whats in my listening queue. Currently my playlist holds recent additions up to 10 days.