View Full Version : Use Bluetooth to get web ON the phone

groan
07-08-2008, 09:57 PM
I see an article on how to use yoru phone as a bluetooth modem, but i actually want the other way around.
Can I use the bluetooth connection on my laptop, that is connected to teh web, to give me internet connection on my phone? I do not subscribe to a data plan because, well, Canadian data plans cost more than my car payments a month.

So there you have it.
With my HTC 5800 (Bell) can i connect to Bluetooth and get a web connection on it.

Cybrid
07-10-2008, 05:10 AM
I see an article on how to use yoru phone as a bluetooth modem, but i actually want the other way around.
Can I use the bluetooth connection on my laptop, that is connected to teh web, to give me internet connection on my phone? I do not subscribe to a data plan because, well, Canadian data plans cost more than my car payments a month.

So there you have it.
With my HTC 5800 (Bell) can i connect to Bluetooth and get a web connection on it.
Yes. You can use an active sync passthrough connection or set up your PC as a BT access point. The access point is faster but dependent on having better BT stacks than the default MS ones. Widcomm/ Broadcomm are superb.

groan
07-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Yes. You can use an active sync passthrough connection or set up your PC as a BT access point. The access point is faster but dependent on having better BT stacks than the default MS ones. Widcomm/ Broadcomm are superb.

thanks
I'll lookbup the active sync passthrough option since I am on a work computer and they dont take too kindly to installing alternate drivers. I'll still try the other way first.

groan
07-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Sweet, using active synch passthrough it works like a charm and i can synch with it!
Thanks!
Now just to figure out a way to get past the darn application lock on this stupid Bell phone so i can synch with Lotus Notes...
ARGH