View Full Version : iPAQ / Blue Logger GPS CAD Question

desikida
07-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Hello folks - I have been searching for a method, a solution, or a guide to the following but have found no help yet maybe you all have some knowledge you would be kind enough in sharing:

I have a blue logger, iPAQ, and autoCAD software I want to make mapping out surface objects in the field easier. By easier I mean I want to be able to use these items to plot points and then be able to take those points or snapshots directly from iPAQ/Blue Logger to my computer autoCAD software.

Elevations are not important to me, only for the point of an object I denote in the field to come into the right spot in CAD.

Example: I want to be able to walk down the road, get to a point of interest, hit a couple buttons to be able to record that point on a map, a COGO point, or something to that extent within my iPAQ/Blue Logger GPS. Go back to my computer and load up the points to fall into the right places from the field into my drawing.

I have access to ArcGIS & Street Atlas'06 software, though if there is another software out here for this process let me know!
Any and all advice will be helpful. Thanks in advance.