View Full Version : Missing Geo-tagging Settings (i-mate)

CybaCowboy
06-24-2008, 02:43 AM
According to the manual for my new i-mate Ultimate 9502 (which is the latest version, downloaded from i-mate's Australian Web site), I can "stamp" my GPS co-ordinates onto a photo at the time the photo is taken (I believe this may be called "geo-tagging", though I could be wrong)...

I have right through my camera's settings with the GPS receiver switch-on and tried different photo modes, yet despite my best efforts, I simply cannot find the relevant settings to do this ANYWHERE!

The "GPS" setting, as referred to below (and shown in the manual), is also not displayed in the camera settings and I have not yet been able cause this setting to appear by any means.

The manual is not much help either (in it's poor English, this is directly quoted):

"Stamp your photographs with your GPS co-ordinates

In the integrated Camera application, you can switch on GPS information if you would like the location at which photograph is taken to be automatically stamped on each picture. With the still picture camera open, select the settings icon, scroll along to GPS and tap: on and stamp on the photo."

How do I use these GPS-stamping features on my Ultimate 9502?

Here's my setup...
? Device: i-mate Ultimate 9502
? Operating system: Microsoft Windows Mobile: Professional 6
? Operating system version: 5.2.1623
? Operating system build number: 18129.0.4.5

Here's some other information I dug-up in the Settings ("System Information") - I'm not sure exactly what most of it is, but I wrote-down the ones that appeared to be relevant, and I'm hoping that one of these refers to the version number for my current ROM...
? OEMSBL: 0.90.01.0000
? E-boot version: 0.72.01.0000
? OS version: 1.26.0101.01.000003

Thanks!