View Full Version : HTC TyTn II, WM 6.1 wrong contact displayed

Magnus
06-19-2008, 07:24 AM
Hi!
I have upgraded my TyTn II to WM 6.1. A new thing in 6.1 is that one can see a whole conversation, eg SMS conversation.

I have Telenor and when somebody has left a message I get a SMS from Telenor informing me about that I hav X amount of messages.

The strange thing is that in WM 6.1 it suddenly gives me a contact name as the "sender", but this contact has nothing to do at all with Telenor. The only connection what so ever is that his phone number "0705841888" ends with the same three digits that one calls to check ones messages. I do think that a bug in WM 6.1 makes it to read the last digits, in this case "888" for Telenor and if it finds something that ends with this it connects it!

I now deleted this contacts mobil nr and then I got another contact. This contact also ends with 888 but have ordinary figures before that. I now deleted/changed also this second contact and then a third contact showed up!!!! This time the phone number ended with 88 only!

My conclusion is that it will use any contact that ends with "8" which must be a bug?

Anybody that has the same experience?

Rgds
Magnus Dellborg