View Full Version : Need help removing unremovable files taking up space in windows file

divingJC
05-05-2008, 08:26 AM
I have a Tilt with wm6 and I am running low on space. I noticed in my windows folder that I have several wma files in there that I did not put in there. They are taking up around 12mb of space but the system will not let me remove them! I have Total Commander and even after changing them to a non-system file, it still won't let me remove them. Do I need them for some odd reason? If not, how can I get rid of them and recover some much desired space?

For example, there is a Gin Blossoms song, a Stylistics song?, Ted Leo Pharmacy song, Communique song, the Oranges, Ray Charles, Frightened something, Assembly of something, and I want to delete the 3G up wave file and video since I have them disabled.

Thanks loads for any help!

burtcom
05-05-2008, 05:20 PM
I have a Tilt with wm6 and I am running low on space. I noticed in my windows folder that I have several wma files in there that I did not put in there. They are taking up around 12mb of space but the system will not let me remove them! I have Total Commander and even after changing them to a non-system file, it still won't let me remove them. Do I need them for some odd reason? If not, how can I get rid of them and recover some much desired space?

For example, there is a Gin Blossoms song, a Stylistics song?, Ted Leo Pharmacy song, Communique song, the Oranges, Ray Charles, Frightened something, Assembly of something, and I want to delete the 3G up wave file and video since I have them disabled.

Thanks loads for any help!

Try renaming them and then deleting.

Or, rename the file, make a new empty file and name it the same as the original, reboot and try deleting.

However, these files might just be in ROM, and so are not necessarily taking up any of your valuable space :)

divingJC
05-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Thanks for your response! Actually according to Total Commander, they are in ROM. Is there not any way to remove them from ROM? I just don't see any point in having them there if I will never use them.

burtcom
05-09-2008, 11:03 PM
I think the only way to remove them from ROM would be to install a custom ROM that doesn't have the files.