View Full Version : User your Xbox 360 controller with your PC games?

Phillip Dyson
05-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Has anyone tried to use their Xbox 360 controller with their PC?
What do you think. I'm not running Vista on my main game PC so its probably not an option for me.

Check out the link (http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/productdetails.aspx?pid=090).

Darius Wey
05-03-2008, 06:20 AM
I tried it out with Flight Simulator, but gave up pretty quickly as it couldn't deliver an experience better than the one I got out of my SideWinder Precision 2 (old, but reliable). I haven't bothered to try it out with other games, since most of what I play on the PC are of the RTS and MMO genres, where point-and-click is preferred.

Phillip Dyson
05-04-2008, 01:03 AM
The games I intend to play are RTS too. Most notably the upcoming Star Craft II.

Darius Wey
05-05-2008, 01:09 AM
You'll probably want to stick with a keyboard and mouse then. I've tried RTS games on the Xbox 360 using the wireless controller, and despite all efforts by the developers to make their respective games playable, it still lacks the precision and fine control that the keyboard and mouse combination otherwise offers.

Phillip Dyson
05-05-2008, 02:13 PM
You're definitely right there. I've tried both Universe At War, and Battle for Middle-earth. They seem like fine games, but the controller precision was very annoying.

I can't image handling the complexity of Star Craft that way.