View Full Version : Download attachment question

RedRose
04-29-2008, 11:55 PM
I was checking my email at a hotspot with my Ipaq 100 series this weekend, and I was unable to download the attachment that was sent to me with one of my messages. I could see the "paperclip" image on the email, that indicated the attachment, but the ipaq wouldn't give me the option to download the attachment (which was a word doc). Can someone please tell me what I was doing wrong? Any advice is appreciated.

Brad Adrian
04-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Is this the first time you've had this problem? If you've been able to download attachments before, I'd do the usual soft-reset and see if that helps.

The other things to consider are:

--There may be a part of the delivery chain or protocols that doesn't allow attachments, like the hotspot or, in the case of an employer-provided device, e-mail setup on the device.
--The download may have been delayed or slowed enough that the process timed out.
--The attachment may have been corrupted.

If none of these seem to apply, I'd delete that e-mail account, do a soft reset, and set up the account again. This should only take a few minutes, but it can clean up all KINDS of e-mail problems.