View Full Version : What Will Replace the AT&T Tilt?

mrasmuss
04-28-2008, 08:44 PM
I have been planning on upgrading from my Blackjack I to the AT&T Tilt, but with the news that WM6.1 is soon to be available, I am wondering if I should wait to see what new devices are coming.

Does anyone know what is on the horizon (and when) for a new device that will have the same functionality as the Tilt?

Sven Johannsen
04-29-2008, 03:26 AM
AT&T has announced that the TILT and Blackjack II will be getting WM6.1 upgrades. To my mind that says they plan to sell these for a while yet.

Brad Adrian
04-29-2008, 03:13 PM
AT&T has announced that the TILT and Blackjack II will be getting WM6.1 upgrades.
So, I'm assuming that means current Tilt users will be able to upgrade? I'm not sure if it's worth upgrading, but it'd be nice to have the option.

Sven Johannsen
04-30-2008, 02:24 AM
So, I'm assuming that means current Tilt users will be able to upgrade? I'm not sure if it's worth upgrading, but it'd be nice to have the option.

That is the intent as I read the announcements. I'm not sure how worth it it would be either. You get the nifty new home screen on the BJ as well as the new and improved PIE, but on the Tilt you don't get a new Home/Today Screen. There are of course many other updates that you can search the web, or this site, to read about.

Upgrading of course puts you back into an out of box condition. Theoretically some of the backup programs will let you backup, upgrade and then restore. I've just never been comfortable with that concept. You are restoring a backup made with one OS to another one. Maybe only slightly different, but different. Doesn't seem prudent. If I upgrade, I will also be rebuilding from scratch.