View Full Version : What the heck happened to my messaging app??

schmenge
04-25-2008, 01:19 AM
About mid morning today I press the hard key to start the message app (Pocket Outlook). Nothing happens. Try starting from the shortcut. Nothing. Odd, I had used it just 30 minutes or so (I close with a task manager when I do not want it running). Soft reset. No help. I play around a bit but cannot get the app to run. Eventually I do a hard reset and recover a backup from the previous night. Still no messaging app. I do another reset and verify that I can run the app. Recover a different backup. No messaging.

Makes not sense to me. It would seem the files in rom should be fine as it runs after a reset. But when I got to a backup that is a good 36 hours or so prior to this issue starting i would think it would work. I could just rebuild from scratch, but any other ideas? 8125 running WM5.

schmenge
04-25-2008, 01:40 AM
As is usually the case I spend hours trying to figure something out, post a question, then figure it out. :rolleyes: It dawned on me that a common denominator was storing attachments on my SD card. I popped the card, reset, and messaging fired right up. I changed to attachments on the device, killed the folder on the SD card, switched attachments back and now all is well.