View Full Version : How The Contest Drawings Are Going to Work

Jason Dunn
04-12-2008, 06:37 AM
Because I've got so many contests to draw for (20 in all!) I'm going to be doing them in batches of five or so. It makes it a bit easier to manage. A few rules around how I'm drawing the prizes so there's no confusion:<br /><ol> <li>Winners are chosen randomly based on the number of their forum post as selected through <a target="_blank" href="http://www.random.org">random.org</a>. For example, if there are 50 posts in the thread and two prizes, I'll generate two random numbers between 2 and 50 (the first post is the contest post) using random.org.</li> <li>Winners will be contacted via private messaging through the forums, so if you don't have email notification of private messages turned on, you should check your forum messages in the next few days.</li> <li>Winners have 30 days to claim their prize. If the prize is not claimed within 30 days, it's forfeit. There will not be re-drawings for prizes. Claiming your prize is as simple as replying to my private message with your full name, shipping address, and phone number (since most prizes will be couriered to you directly from the vendor) or your email address (if it's a digital download).</li> <li>No whining.</li></ol>That's it! Watch the front page of this site as I announce the winners...<br /><br /><strong>UPDATE:</strong> I forgot to add that each contest is run independently, so it's technically possible for someone to win more than once prize. Unlikely, but possible. ;-)