View Full Version : IPAQ Backlite problem . . .

Possum48
04-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Seems my IPAQ 2410 has problems with the backlite not working. This happens just when the device is off the sync cradle.

I called HP and they want a small fortune to "trouble shoot" my problem. I figure that if I can't get some help here in this forum about whether it might be the battery then I can go out and buy a Palm fairly cheap to do the basic stuff I need a PDA for.

The device is on when it is off the cradle I can just barely see what is on the screen. The batter is also fully charged.

I would appreciate some help before I go out and buy the Palm

Thanks

Darius Wey
04-12-2008, 04:44 AM
A few things you may want to try to determine if this is software- or hardware-related.

1. Check your backlight settings (Start > Settings > System > Backlight) and ensure that the slider isn't set to the far left. You can also tick boxes and modify times for the backlight to turn on and off when the screen is tapped and after X number of seconds.

2. Try a soft-reset. There may be some application running in the background that's messing with the backlight setting.

3. Worst case, install the latest ROM updates for your device and/or try a hard-reset (installing the ROM updates will often cover this). If the backlight is still being temperamental even in a factory-default state, then this problem could be hardware-related.