View Full Version : Columns checked but not shown in media player 11

Prevost
04-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Hello, I need some help with an annoying issue:

Under Vista, I find that the album art column is NOT SHOWN in the songs' list screen, although it is checked to do so in the View->Choose Columns menu.

Somebody else with this problem? Is there a workaround for it?

Thank you a lot for your coments,

Victor.

Jason Dunn
04-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Hmm. I'm running running Vista on five systems here, and all of them have WMP11 working great - I haven't had any trouble with the album art column. That's one of the columns that can't actually be toggle off/on. What exactly do you see?

Perhaps a silly question, but you're 100% sure that you have working album art? When you open the file, Windows Media Player shows the album art?

Prevost
04-11-2008, 11:47 PM
Hi Jason, in fact I suppose album arts are good since they show up if I select album view instead of song listing view.

Also, I actually can check or uncheck it in the column selection dialog, but the result is the same.

I really do not remember if it worked fine upon windows installation, but the fact is it not works now.

Jason Dunn
04-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Hmm. Very strange - I really have no idea how it could have broken in the first place, so I'm not sure how to fix it. What about deleting the library data (not your files of course!) and re-importing it all? Maybe the library needs to be "re-built"?

Prevost
04-18-2008, 02:48 AM
Jason, just did so, but did not work...

I think, could it be something related with the fact that my music files are in a different partition, imported from my old PC?

Jason Dunn
04-18-2008, 03:18 AM
I think, could it be something related with the fact that my music files are in a different partition, imported from my old PC?

Nah, I doubt that's the issue. This is so odd. It's a long shot, and I'm not even 100% sure it will install, but try a re-install of WMP 11:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/default.aspx

(I'm not sure if that will work on Vista since Vista comes with WMP 11, but it's worth a try...)