View Full Version : APRIL FOOLS: Microsoft Ditches Windows Mobile, Goes iPhone

Jon Westfall
04-01-2008, 03:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.smallunit.com/news-ap-reuters/ms_ditches_windows_mobile.html' target='_blank'>http://www.smallunit.com/news-ap-re...ows_mobile.html</a><br /><br /></div><em>&quot;Microsoft Corp (NASDAQ: MSFT) has announced late yesterday that Windows Mobile will be officially retired effective June 1, 2008. In a surprising twist, Microsoft is recommending that users switch to rival Apple's iPhone, confirming rumors that versions of Microsoft Office applications may be ported to the iPhone platform. Enterprises everywhere should be relieved to know that the next version of the iPhone will support Microsoft's Activesync server-side synchronization standard, which will allow them to continue to provide email to their users...&quot;<br /><br /></em> In what can only be described as a shocking twist of mobile electronics fate, Microsoft has abruptly abandoned its Windows Mobile operating system and decided to jump on the Apple bandwagon as far as mobile devices go. My only wonder is what will happen to the Windows Mobile team?? Such nice people seemingly out of a job - unless they learn to love all things lower-case i.

kiwi
04-01-2008, 03:16 PM
OMG!! no!!

lol!! April 1st... <sigh> if only it were true.. ;)

hubermsdj
04-01-2008, 03:27 PM
I was just about to buy one of those Ipaq 211 but I am glad I waited. Think T-Mobile will now have these available? (I know, why am I still using T-Mobile.)

PPCRules
04-01-2008, 03:35 PM
That is so Microsoft. I was reading the earlier news items today and it seemed that WM was finally gaining momentum and the World was finally all moving "our" direction, now this!
What visionaries those MS people are! They couldn't market their way out of a paper bag.

ppc6700freak
04-01-2008, 03:36 PM
You almost got me......

0157h7
04-01-2008, 03:48 PM
I was just about to buy one of those Ipaq 211 but I am glad I waited. Think T-Mobile will now have these available? (I know, why am I still using T-Mobile.)

You know this is a stupid april fool's joke right?

Carty
04-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Damn.. I thought they're going mad before i could realize that its April 1st :D

Lol PPC Thts!

Regards,
Carty..

tabi13
04-01-2008, 04:52 PM
This is the lamest one yet!! VERY VERY LAME!!

Rocco Augusto
04-01-2008, 04:58 PM
You know this is a stupid april fool's joke right?

i thought it was more funny than stupid :D

sofene
04-01-2008, 06:38 PM
I thought there was a catch to the article as it did not make sense that MS is announcing the next gen of WM and at the same time ditching WM. I totally forgot it's supposed to be a day you expect this type of crazy joke. Lol.

PPCRules
04-01-2008, 11:08 PM
This is so Microsoft, though: Fumble for years without a vision for your product, collect a bunch of loyal customers although not much buzz or attention, then go after something else completely.