View Full Version : What's Rockin' Your Day?

David Tucker
03-31-2008, 03:45 PM
Well, Zune news has been kind of slow lately! I&rsquo;ve looked through my emails and feeds and I have to be honest, there&rsquo;s just not much that&rsquo;s catching my eye. I think this is a good time to mention something that I had on my mind last week though. It&rsquo;s really more of a question than anything else. In my real job, I&rsquo;m actually a developer. The Zune is great for me because when I&rsquo;m working, sometimes I just want to tune out everything around me and focus. The music is what gets me there. And let&rsquo;s not forget that the Zune, above all else, is about the music. Which got me thinking: what do people listen to at certain times? Last week was a pretty rough week for me and when I need to really focus, I have a special playlist on my Zune that I listen to. For some reason, I can program really well when I have the various soundtracks from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex playing. Don&rsquo;t ask me why. It&rsquo;s just the way it is!<br /><br />So what about all of you? Do you have any particular music you listen to?

Zune Girl
03-31-2008, 04:47 PM
^Response to^

Virtually anything from the Foo Fighters will allow me to concentrate better. However, some of their more surreal tracks, Everlong for example, is most often my elixir for stress.

-ZG

Zunerama
03-31-2008, 05:24 PM
Sorry about your hard week, David. I have a playlist that mostly has my two favorite local bands: Late Tuesday and Pale Pacific. It's great to play a set where you know all the words and appreciate every track.

David Tucker
03-31-2008, 05:51 PM
Sorry about your hard week, David.

Oh, nothing to be sorry about! We were just working hard. Which is how I like it :)

Some good taste in music so far!

mrozema
03-31-2008, 06:04 PM
My latest purchase was Ghosts I-IV from Nine Inch Nails. Its 36 tracks of instrumental goodness. A true feast for the ears.

Tim Williamson
03-31-2008, 06:49 PM
I crank up the techno when I want to get work done. Lately at work I've been streaming vocal trance, it sounds odd, but it can actually be relaxing to me.

asif2020
04-01-2008, 04:28 AM
For me, it has to be the chill sounds from the famous compilation album series: Buddha Bar series. And if that's not "chill"-ed enough for me, then I listen to the soul soothing sounds of the beautiful Anoushka Shankar and piano maestro Ludovico Einaudi.

Cheers and take it easy!

LiFairy
04-01-2008, 06:45 AM
I work really long hours so when its start to get late I put on Muse to get the blood flowing again. When im stressed out and I need to relax and have fun I put on Gnarls Barkley. Everything else is basically just a random flip thru albums for whateva catches my eye first.