View Full Version : Apple pushing Safari on Windows Users

stlbud
03-21-2008, 03:07 PM
From AppleInsider -
Apple pushing Safari downloads on Windows users

By Katie Marsal
Published: 01:00 PM EST

Related AppleInsider articles:
* iPhone's Safari already the No. 1 US mobile...
* Apple unleashes new version of Safari web...
* Safari for Windows downloads Top 1 million
* iPhone at 6p.m. local time; Leopard pre-sale;...
* Apple to release Safari browser for Windows

In an apparent bid to rapidly gain share of the online browser market dominated by rival Microsoft, Apple is leveraging its vast iTunes install base to recommend that Windows users also download and install the latest version of its Safari web browser.

It makes me wish I never bought an iPod. First they forced a HUGE but crippled version Quicktime with it's constant ads for the updated version on me. Now, they are trying to force another piece of Apple bloatware on me. HELP! I wanna get out-a here!

Darius Wey
03-21-2008, 05:02 PM
It makes me wish I never bought an iPod. First they forced a HUGE but crippled version Quicktime with it's constant ads for the updated version on me. Now, they are trying to force another piece of Apple bloatware on me. HELP! I wanna get out-a here!

I'm not sure "forced" is the right word. It appears in Apple Software Update, but it's hardly invasive. You can ignore it by clicking Tools > Ignore Selected Updates, and it should never bug you again.

TopDog
03-24-2008, 11:13 AM
On my Mac's I love Safari. It's so fast and simplistic.

But on Windows it just looked strange... I'm sticking to Flock/Firefox on my Windows PC.

Darius Wey
03-25-2008, 03:54 AM
On my Mac's I love Safari. It's so fast and simplistic.

Right. Camino used to be my default, but the new Safari has replaced that.

But on Windows it just looked strange... I'm sticking to Flock/Firefox on my Windows PC.

I dabbled with the beta, but didn't particularly like it, and I wasn't very willing to try it again. Besides, I've heard of some font issues that have surfaced with this release.