View Full Version : Daylight Savings

Typhoon
03-11-2008, 06:26 AM
I have an i-Mate JAM, and for some odd reason, when I go to the Clock & Alarms settings program to change the time 1 hr ahead for daylight savings time, every time the PDA syncs, it sets the time one hour back, even though my computer has the correct time. Has anyone come across this problem as well?

schmenge
03-11-2008, 11:15 PM
I have an i-Mate JAM, and for some odd reason, when I go to the Clock & Alarms settings program to change the time 1 hr ahead for daylight savings time, every time the PDA syncs, it sets the time one hour back, even though my computer has the correct time. Has anyone come across this problem as well?

Are both your PC and PPC patched for DST?

Typhoon
03-12-2008, 11:31 PM
What do you mean patched (for digital standard time?)?

schmenge
03-12-2008, 11:40 PM
What do you mean patched (for digital standard time?)?

Daylight Savings Time. Assuming you live someplace where the dates of daylights savings time are different than when the OS on your PPC or PC were written you need a patch from Microsoft. Otherwise one or both are going to be "confused" on time until you hit the date when DST would have normally changed.

Darius Wey
03-13-2008, 01:00 AM
The latest patch is available here: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58502

Note that after applying it, you don't have to manually set the clock one hour forward. It will take care of that by itself, and should sync fine with your PC, assuming it's patched too (if not, run Windows Update).

Typhoon
03-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Thanks to both of you! That should help...

caliman73
03-23-2008, 09:47 AM
I am having the same problem with my iPAQ H2215. I have tried the patch from Microsoft but to no avail. Any help?

Darius Wey
03-25-2008, 03:56 AM
I am having the same problem with my iPAQ H2215. I have tried the patch from Microsoft but to no avail. Any help?

caliman73, I've just replied to the PM you sent me. See if those suggestions help.