View Full Version : Bluetooth starts automatically?

terrypin
03-04-2008, 09:08 AM
Although I've had my iPAQ 2210 PPC for years, I've only recently started to make use of its Bluetooth capability. I run Memory-Map on my PPC together with a GPS receiver (QStarz), and then later download the track to my PC to edit, view and print my walks. That took some fiddling to set up. But now Bluetooth starts automatically as soon as I run Memory-Map on the PPC, and, although still not as easy-to-use as a dedicated GPS unit, it's acceptable.

However, back home and with no GPS unit running, it irritates me that when I open Mem-Map on the PPC it still starts Bluetooth and prompts me for settings etc. By the time I've canceled all that, Mem-Map has minimised and I have to re-activate it again, so it's tedious.

Is there some obvious method I've missed to optionally stop this please? Maybe I have the sequence of operations wrong or something? Or there's an obscure setting I need to configure so that Bluetooth setup is only started when there's any Bluetooth signal nearby?

It's all something of a mystery to me, so any advice would be appreciated please.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

jadesse
03-06-2008, 02:54 AM
That may be a function in the program to automatically turn on BT & configure the port. My Dell GPS software does the same thing. When it opens it automatically turns on BT. Sorry but I don't know anything specific about the program that you are using.