View Full Version : need help upgrading my pocket pc OS

Annatar
03-02-2008, 09:58 PM
hello everyone. i have a qtek pocket pc 1010 and it works just fine but the problem is that its windows mobile 2002 is in italian :cry: , which i can understand... a little bit only. all the menus and specific terms are really messy when trying to translate them into comprehensible english. is there a way to install an english language pack...or do i have to change the whole OS? and if that's the case, how do i do that? i don't wanna end up screwing up my phone irreversibly because of that. i'm really new into this embedded systems world and i wish to know how i can can get the software needed and how i can play the safe way in tinkering with my gadget.

Nurhisham Hussein
03-03-2008, 03:58 AM
Hi annatar, welcome to PPCT.

is there a way to install an english language pack...or do i have to change the whole OS?

You have to change the whole OS - which is technically against the terms of the Pocket PC OS license agreement. If that doesn't bother you, Google for "wiki Xda Developers" and when you reach the wiki page, click on the link for "Wallaby". I'm afraid you're on your own from there, as discussion on "illegal" ROM updates are not allowed on this forum.