View Full Version : PC screenshot to Pocket PC

BiGO
02-26-2008, 09:43 PM
I want to get screenshots of my PC to my Pocket PC... Is there any software that can help me do this? I need this to see what is going on at my PC when I am at the next room for example... Any recommendation?

Jason Dunn
02-26-2008, 11:29 PM
Hmm - that's an interesting request. :-) I'd say something like a freeware/shareware screen capture program that captures screenshots on the PC every "x" seconds or minutes, then saves them to a network share...then you browse that network share with your Pocket PC. Not exactly elegant, but it should work.

Nurhisham Hussein
02-27-2008, 02:27 AM
Why not just remote desktop, if all you're looking for is checking on what's happening at your PC? It'd be even better than screenshots, because it'd be live.

BiGO
02-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Remote Desktop is no good becasue when i log in with RD, PC logs out and logs in as administrator. And I can not see my PC screen.... If you have any solution for this then it should work. If you dont I need some other recommendation :roll:

Nurhisham Hussein
02-29-2008, 01:15 AM
The logout does suck - but then, there's more than just Terminal Services Client to do remote Desktop. VNC allows the same functionality and you can find freeware servers and clients, but it's a lot of hassle to set up. I'd suggest Z2 Remote2PC (http://www.z2software.com/Remote2PC.htm) - it's really, really good, if you can stand their licensing requirements and the price. There's this (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=58512&highlight=) as well. What exactly are you trying to track?

jadesse
03-04-2008, 01:37 AM
I want to get screenshots of my PC to my Pocket PC... Is there any software that can help me do this? I need this to see what is going on at my PC when I am at the next room for example... Any recommendation?

Kids on myspace or spouse cheating?

Joelacrane
03-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Remote Desktop is no good becasue when i log in with RD, PC logs out and logs in as administrator. And I can not see my PC screen.... If you have any solution for this then it should work. If you dont I need some other recommendation :roll:

It logs you in as the administrator? Or are just you just saying that you don't want the physical screen to kick out to the login screen?

I use Remote Desktop every single day, Its a great feature.