View Full Version : HTC To Users: Maybe Some Sort Of Video Driver For You

Jon Westfall
02-20-2008, 05:34 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/02/18/htc-cooking-up-faster-video-for-affected-devices-no-drivers-i/' target='_blank'>http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/...s-no-drivers-i/</a><br /><br /></div><i>"TyTN II owners, put your cash back in your wallet -- for a minute, anyway. CEO Peter Chou himself along with HTC's European VP have allegedly both gone on record saying that accelerated video drivers are in the works for an unspecified number of devices afflicted by the now-legendary performance issues. Independently, though, we've received word from HTC that that's not quite true. While the company is definitely banging through some improvements in the way video is handled on some of its recent touchscreen models, it turns out that there's technically no driver involved for the dormant Imageon circuitry; rather, the company's crack team of engineers has discovered performance enhancements to the existing software stack that they hope to roll out in the not-too-distant future"</i><br /><br />Well, not actual Drivers, but enhancements appear to be on the way. Earliest estimates are March, but given the track record (anybody remember the A2DP issue?), it may be more like April, or July, or October :mrgreen:

Menneisyys
02-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Having little free time, I haven't really followed the XDA-Devs discussions on this; IIRC, it's just a Q-something layer for the media player. That is, playing back videos in WMP will be faster. But nothing else - no emulators / games / etc. will become faster.

brayndeded
02-21-2008, 03:24 AM
now im glad for what i did. all this he said she said..we heard this..no we heard that..well htc told me this..well the other guy told me that...
htc has so many different people saying so many different things to so many different people, that no one knows for sure about anything. man, they flat out suck! and THATS why im glad i dumped my p.o.s. 6800 and got a blackberry like my wifes. i have not had 1 single problem,everything actually works like its spose to,its quick,very very long batt life,very easy to use. granted, there arent as many 3rd party apps made for it yet, but the ones that are out there actually work!! and no worry about it messing up the phone and having to reset and having extra parts of programs left on the phone after you try to delete it.
oh, and when i touch my bberry to pick it up...it doesnt SHOCK me like my 6800 did 4 times!!
i will never buy htc again!

wshwe
02-23-2008, 04:39 AM
HTC has lost its way. First delays in releasing the Shift and now video driver-gate. Glad I dumped WM.

r@dimus
02-23-2008, 04:47 PM
HTC needs to do something. The frequency and length of time that the Tilt pauses between actions is pretty pathetic. It should have never shipped in this state. My wife's HP 4150 is way faster and it's running on way less memory.