View Full Version : Canadian PPC Groups or Links?

Oreocat
02-17-2008, 07:14 PM
A friend in Canada has decided she'd like to look into getting a pocket pc (probably used) for reading mostly, but she's having a hard time finding one to look at, or anyone who knows what she's talking about.

Are there any user groups or sites anyone could recommend that I can forward on to her? I'm going to advise her to check here and post as well, but just in case she doesn't, I'd really appreciate any information I could give her.

Thanks very much :)

JustinGTP
02-20-2008, 11:09 AM
Well, it would help to find out what location you need a group or meet :)

There used to be one in Calgary, www.calgaryppc.net, but the site seems to no longer exist :(

A lot of Big Box retailers are getting rid of Pocket PC's and Palms and going for all in one devices, much like the Blackberry or HTC Touch etc. Some places like Best Buy, Futureshop will carry one or two but not very many employees know much about them.

I don't know what else to suggest.

Oreocat
02-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Unfortunately, we're only online friends, and I don't know which province she lives in, which is why I advised her to post here as well :)

I thought that there was a site that listed pocket pc groups and meetings by location, because I used it myself. However, this was a few years ago...

She did get some minor help at a Best Buy, and she's now checking with friends to see if anyone has a used pocket pc she can look at, play with, and/or buy.

I'm also still hoping she'll post here, since I think she'd get a lot of help :)

JustinGTP
02-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Yeah, there definitely is a decline in the actual meetings section. Even I haven't been on this site in a long time lol.

Cybrid
02-20-2008, 09:17 PM
If in Vancouver vancouverpocketpc.com