View Full Version : Cowon Q5W as Pocket PC

glitch860
01-24-2008, 01:36 AM
I am very interested in the Cowon Q5W as it seems to be packed with all the hardware features I would like in a "Pocket" PC. However, I have never owned a pocket PC before. I have a Treo 650 and I can load lots of neet apps on it but it does not have the space I need, the screen size I would like nor does it have wireless, etc.

The Cowon is running Windows CE 5.0. I keep reading posts on how this is horrible and it should be running Windows Mobile. Not having any experience with CE/Mobile maybe you guys can help me out here. Can Windows CE run Windows Mobiles Applications? If so, I am sold! If not I am hesitant in buying the Cowon as I would be getting it so I can customize it with 3rd party applications and not use the software it comes with. The more I read into Windows CE/Mobile, the more it is looking like I cannot load a whole lot of "cool" apps on it such as those that you might find on pocketpccentral.com

I am also suprised to not see any talk about the Cowon on these forum's. Why is this? What am I missing here? Dont others see the value in a 5 inch touch screen with 60GB HD, Bluetooth, Wireless and that runs on an OS that you can load your own apps? Forget about the software they provide! Seems like the ultimate Pocket PC to me.