View Full Version : Memory issues - with a 1 gb sd card

billydotbags
01-23-2008, 05:11 PM
I can't believe it.
I have 39mg available on my hx2790
i have 1 gb less 71mg on my sd card
I have pocket word with a document that says 119kb
& I am told I don't have enough memory to add data to it!!!!
I had only 1 programme running (pocket word)

Is there something inherantly wrong with Pocket PCs that this should happen or is it just Ipaqs?

Yes I could have cut and pasted and created a new file but the hell why should I when I have nearly 1gb of free space?

I've search "not enough memory" on the hp web site without any meaningful success

What else should I check for or are there some tricks I should apply to fool the machine into accpeting that I do have the resources available to store.
Bill ( I think but memory is fading)

Cybrid
01-23-2008, 09:34 PM
The "not enough memory" error refers to RAM. To verify this. Use another app like notes or voice, excel to test. Can you write to the card otherwise?
Word does this sometimes. It's a bug where it reserves too much memory for itself then claims it can't work under those conditions.
My inelegant suggestion? Backup your data and hard reset. Once cleared, re-install everything. You'll be fine.

billydotbags
01-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks for the advice
I have never hard resetted although I seem to soft reset quite often.
I back up all my (user name) stuff on the ipaq to my d:\ drive. Is that all I have to do to back-up or are there other programmes that I should include
Bill

The "not enough memory" error refers to RAM. To verify this. Use another app like notes or voice, excel to test. Can you write to the card otherwise?
Word does this sometimes. It's a bug where it reserves too much memory for itself then claims it can't work under those conditions.
My inelegant suggestion? Backup your data and hard reset. Once cleared, re-install everything. You'll be fine.

Cybrid
01-24-2008, 10:17 AM
I back up all my (user name) stuff on the ipaq to my d:\ drive. Is that all I have to do to back-up or are there other programmes that I should include
BillVerify your backup. Check to be sure nothing is missing or lost. I would consider investing in sprite backup. www.spritesoftware.com
With sprite, if you need to you could restore to exactly when you backed up.