View Full Version : A couple of storage problems.

Daem0n
01-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Hello everyone,

It's been only a few days since I got my new HTC P3300 and I really enjoy what it can do. However I'm having a bit of a problem understanding two things and I hope that someone here could give me some help. So here's what's bugging me...

1. Everything I have installed on my HTC right from the very first moment I got it, I've installed it on the storage card. However the build-in storage memory is full and I always get a message saying memory full etc. So I wonder; Is there a program or a way to know where each of my programs is installed (i.e. PPC or Storage Card)? Or at least some way for me to understand what else I can put on the storage card in order to free up more space on the PPC?

2. Due to the above problem every time I'd like to beam something to my PPC there is not enough space. And the question is; Is there a way to make the Storage Card as the default storage folder of all beamed files?

Thank you all in advance and sorry if my questions are kinda noobish. =)

Cybrid
01-21-2008, 03:25 AM
Hello everyone,

It's been only a few days since I got my new HTC P3300 and I really enjoy what it can do. However I'm having a bit of a problem understanding two things and I hope that someone here could give me some help. So here's what's bugging me...

1. Everything I have installed on my HTC right from the very first moment I got it, I've installed it on the storage card. However the build-in storage memory is full and I always get a message saying memory full etc. So I wonder; Is there a program or a way to know where each of my programs is installed (i.e. PPC or Storage Card)? Or at least some way for me to understand what else I can put on the storage card in order to free up more space on the PPC?

2. Due to the above problem every time I'd like to beam something to my PPC there is not enough space. And the question is; Is there a way to make the Storage Card as the default storage folder of all beamed files?

Thank you all in advance and sorry if my questions are kinda noobish. =) Some things despite being specified to install to storage, will undoubtedly install to main memory seeing as the memory cards load much later in the boot sequence. Today plugins for example.
Others will install partially to main memory.
Some apps, depending on how they are written, will install purely to storage.
The question becomes what have you installed?

You can move any and all data to storage. There are even hacks to re-locate the PIE cache. There are some things that can't be moved like the pim.vol and again depending on application.
This is where you'd simply scour your PPC and move any file you recognize as simple data to the card.

If you have a backup utility like sprite do a backup and see what your starting #'s are.

Daem0n
01-21-2008, 03:55 AM
Thanks for the reply Cybrid.
I spend some time uninstalling and re-installing various apps to figure out what goes where and now I think I got the whole idea.

Finding a way to store beamed files to the storage card is something I'm still looking though. Any particular URL for a hack that u have in mind? :)