View Full Version : Most Bizarre Thing at CES 2008? The NJOY Electronic Cigarette

Jason Dunn
01-19-2008, 12:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=9XUD9lwgQYQ' target='_blank'>http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=9XUD9lwgQYQ</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Video demo of NJOY nicotine vaporization technology that provides simulated smoking experience without the carcinogens generated by burning tobacco in traditional cigarettes and cigars. TSA approved and theoretically legal to use on airplanes."</i><br /><br /><embed width="425" height="355" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9XUD9lwgQYQ&amp;rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent"></embed><br /><br />My buddy Jake managed to find, bar none, the strangest thing I think I've ever heard of at CES: electronic pseudo-cigarettes. Just a little Friday off-topic fun for you all - have a great weekend!

Kassad
01-19-2008, 10:46 AM
You can actually buy these in the Netherlands, called "the supersmoker" :-). People are obviously trying to outsmart the public smoking ban.

Peseta
01-22-2008, 04:28 AM
I've tried it. The taste is a bit strange, but not bad.
You don't have to switch it on: just inhale and it starts to work. Really funny is the tip, which starts glowing red when you use it, simulating the burning tip of a cigarette.
Only one thing missing: it does't stop or signal when you've smoked the equivalent of a regular cigarette and the cardridge contains the amount of a packet of cigarettes (so you have the risc of taking in more nicotine compared to smoking a real cigarette).

My business-partner bought it, who is serious smoker, for 2 reasons:
- being able to smoke in my car when we travel together
- and more important she says: being ready for the upcoming smoking-ban in bars and restaurants in The Netherlands.

I wont pick up smoking again because of this (quit 5 years ago), but I think it's the ultimate gadget: small, with electronics and you look very geeky when you use it.

Sagitario
01-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Hey, where can I buy one? I'm interested! :mrgreen:

Peseta
01-23-2008, 02:56 AM
2 brands (first in English, second only Dutch):
http://www.supersmoker.com/en/
http://www.ismoke.nl/

juni
01-23-2008, 07:34 AM
Cool, although a bit pricey (and then you have to keep buying cartridges from them). I might try it :).

On planes I've been using the Nicorette inhalator, but that isn't the same at all - and the cartridges are also very pricey.

jimpalasota
01-27-2008, 12:57 AM
First, I wish to thank Jake for stopping by our booth at the Consumer Electronic Show in Las Vegas. Much like the thousands others who visited our booth and saw the NJOY product in action, the uniqueness and the ability for smokers to regain their freedom again was the center of attention.
NJOY is a product that is not banned like smoking, yet it is like smoking.
* Use anywhere, anytime.
* Provides nicotine pleasure.
* No lingering odor.
* No carcinogens.
* Emits a vapor, not smoke.
* Tobacco-like flavors
Njoy is a patent-pending, battery-powered, non-flammable, microelectronic device that, when used in conjunction with replaceable cartridges, mimics the process and sensations tobacco smokers enjoy, but without the problems. The device is aesthetically modeled after traditional cigars and cigarettes in terms of weight, length and appearance. Each style is offered in multiple colors, giving consumers accessorizing options. The replaceable cartridges are offered without (“Zero”) and with (“Light,” “Medium,” and “Full”) nicotine, in both regular and menthol flavors. New specialty flavors such as cherry are slated to be introduced in 2008.

When using Njoy, the act of inhaling satisfies the cravings traditional smokers seek, emitting a harmless vapor mist which evaporates into the air within seconds, without any harmful second-hand smoke or pollutants. The flavor replicates that of tobacco for the user, yet the odor from Njoy is barely noticeable, unlike traditional cigarettes and cigars that leave lingering, difficult-to-neutralize smells in rooms, cars and clothing.

If you have not yet tried NJOY, I’ll share with you that 93% of our customers say they plan on continuing to use NJOY after giving the product a try for the first time. I’ve been in business for longer than I’d like to admit, and never have I seen an acceptance rate so high on any product among first time customers.

By the way, we just began a new 30-day free money-back guarantee program for first time customers. So, if you’d like to see and experience why others are so pleased with NJOY, you can now do it risk free. No questions asked, we’ll return the money if you’re not satisfied. Tell your family and friends about this offer, so they too can regain the freedom with NJOY!

Because Jake was nice to introduce you all to NJOY, I will offer each of you a 10% discount on your first order. Go to www.njoy.com, and when you reach the order page, type in JAKE in the Coupon Code section to receive your 10% discount. Or e-mail me at [email protected] for more information.

NJOY your freedom again !