View Full Version : Tips/Tricks/Hacks to get ActiveSync to work reasonably well

Russ Smith
01-14-2008, 06:26 PM
As the signature says, I recently returned to Pocket PC use. (I had been carrying a UMPC.) When I came back, I tried going the ActiveSync route and ran into enough issues that I'm now only using ActiveSync (actually Windows Mobile Device Center on Vista) for backing up my PIM information and for installing software.

However, my wife still uses Outlook as her primary PIM/e-mail program. She syncs Tasks, Calendar, and Notes with her work PC and e-mail with our home PC.

The question is, what are some of the tips, tricks, and outright hacks you all have found to get ActiveSync/WMDC to work at least most of the time? Any realistic suggestions would be welcome. My wife's work doesn't support PDAs at all so I'm basically her tech support (which, given the state of work's help(less) desk, may be a good thing :))

malonedk
01-17-2008, 09:06 PM
I had to run the Outlook Detect and Repair to get mine working. Go to Help and select Detect and Repair. It cleared up some issue mine was having while trying to sync my Q9h for the first time. Don't ask for any more info than that, though, because I am afraid I could not help you.
Good Luck!!