View Full Version : Uninstalling Trial Software on AT&T Tilt

piperpilot
01-11-2008, 05:17 PM
This phone sure is cluttered with Trial Software. I desperately need to free up some space on the device but I am afraid to start deleting things. Can someone provide some guidance?

schmenge
01-11-2008, 10:32 PM
This phone sure is cluttered with Trial Software. I desperately need to free up some space on the device but I am afraid to start deleting things. Can someone provide some guidance?

Usually this stuff is installed to ROM and you cannot delete it without a hard reset. Even then you can only abort everything not just specific applications.

r@dimus
01-18-2008, 08:20 PM
The cleanest way to do this is to backup any important data and then use the Clear Storage app to perform a hard reset. Clear Storage is under the System tab in Settings. Once the Tilt resets, and you get through the Welcome and tutorial stuff, the Today screen appears. Shortly after a window appears stating that in three seconds it will start customizing your device or some such. Do a soft reset by pressing the reset button with your stylus when this window appears, and when the Tilt has rebooted none of the trialware and other bloat will be installed.