View Full Version : Is this possible?

wirelesscop1234
01-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Hey Everyone,

I have a Treo 700wx through Sprint which is my primary phone.

I also have an un-active (no cellphone service) Audiovox xv6600 Pocket PC.

With my Treo, I have an unlimited data account / option which lets me access the internet.

What I was trying to do is use the Treo 700wx as a modem of sorts for the xv6600. The screen is bigger and wanted to see if I could link it up with the Treo and surf the internet on the PPC xv6600.

Both have bluetooth, so I don't think it would be a problem doing it. I am just not sure what I need to do to get the process started.

I do have an SD Wi-Fi card but one of my kids jammed something in the SD slot and it won't accept an SD card now.

Just wondering if this can be accomplished.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance or any and all help.

Cybrid
01-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Hey Everyone,

I have a Treo 700wx through Sprint which is my primary phone.

I also have an un-active (no cellphone service) Audiovox xv6600 Pocket PC.

With my Treo, I have an unlimited data account / option which lets me access the internet.

What I was trying to do is use the Treo 700wx as a modem of sorts for the xv6600. The screen is bigger and wanted to see if I could link it up with the Treo and surf the internet on the PPC xv6600.

Both have bluetooth, so I don't think it would be a problem doing it. I am just not sure what I need to do to get the process started.

I do have an SD Wi-Fi card but one of my kids jammed something in the SD slot and it won't accept an SD card now.

Just wondering if this can be accomplished.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance or any and all help. Yes. You can use one as a BT dialup modem for the other provided the devices support the profiles and you are within your Carriers TOS to do that. I've done that with my HTC 6700 as modem for my Dell X50v

wirelesscop1234
01-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Can anyone please advise what I need to do to both the Treo 700wx and Audiovox xv6600 in order to set this up?

Do I need a BT profile hack for both devices?

If I remember correctly, there was a hack of some type I needed to use in order to enable BT Dun on the xv6600. It's been such a long time since I used the device and that feature, I forgot the process.

I DO have the following "hack" that I think used to uncripple the BT DUN profile. Would THIS be what I needed to do?

What about with the Treo 700wx?

Should I be posting this somewhere else?

Can anyone out there, please explain what I need to do to both devices to get the xv6600 to use the Treo's internet connection via BT?

Thanks!

Cybrid
01-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Turn BT on on both devices
Use client device to scan for DUN profile
Connect and enter the #,
user info. and password.
Once saved, a tap would activate.

You'll need the account details to set this up.

references: Menneisyys' dialup and BT pan guides.
www.gomadic.com for the dialup info.