View Full Version : Accessing SD card slot

pacman411
01-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Hello All

I have a IPAQ 45XX I would like to take data from my PC and place it on a SD card. From my IPAQ I can see the SD card but my question is how can I access the data on the SD Card. Thank in advance for the help

Paul

Russ Smith
01-02-2008, 05:45 PM
If I understand your question, you have data on your PC and your want that data on your SD card on your PPC. There are two ways to do this, depending on what that data is.

First, connect your PC to your PPC:
* for Windows XP or earlier, use ActiveSync, click on the "Explore" button, and navigate to your SD card. Then drag the items to the SD card window and drop them. Activesync will convert Word to Pocket Word, Excel to Pocket Excel, etc.
* for Windows Vista, use Windows Mobile Device Center. Under File Management, click on "Browse the contents of your device" and navigate to your SD card. Drag and drop files to your SD card's window to convert them and place them on the card.

Second, use a card reader for SD cards that plugs into your desktop's USB port. The transfer of data is much faster this way, but there is _no_ conversion. That's mostly OK, because Pocket Word can read Word format files, etc., and Activesync installs the Pocket Word converter into desktop Word as well.

pacman411
01-02-2008, 07:34 PM
I can get the data on to the SD Card but I am having troubling using the data on the SD Card. once the SD card is in my Ipaq how can I use the data on the SD Card.

Paul

Nurhisham Hussein
01-03-2008, 03:44 AM
pacman, it would help greatly if you specify what data type(s) you're aiming to use, and which program you're hoping to access it with.

BTW, welcome to PPCT!

Cybrid
01-03-2008, 08:33 PM
I can get the data on to the SD Card but I am having troubling using the data on the SD Card. once the SD card is in my Ipaq how can I use the data on the SD Card.

PaulI think he's transferred the data to the SD but can't access it on the Ipaq.
Paul, You're using an Ipaq 45xx? Is the data in the "my documents" folder? If yes, What type of data?

pacman411
01-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Hello All

Let start for the begining. I am a coin dealer and I travel to differnt show durning the spring and summer. I do not like to carry my coins with me. right not i have a binder with high rez picture of my coin that I take to the differnt shows. What I am looking to do is to put the images on the SD card and use my IPAQ to show the photos.

I can load the photos to the SD card using a card reader. but when I place the SD card in my IPAQ I can not access the data on the SD card. I can see there data on the card. But when I go to the image viewer I can not see the SD card to view the images.

I hope this help and again thank in advance

Paul

Nurhisham Hussein
01-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Ah, that helps considerably. A couple of questions:

1. What format are the pictures in?
2. Which application are you using in trying to access the pics?

I'd wager the problem is number 2 - the built in image viewer for Windows Mobile isn't very good at accessing cards. HP actually has a decent image viewer - Image Zone I think - which you can download and install for free. I thought pretty well of it back in the day, though I use Resco Photo Viewer these days (highly recommended if you don't mind the price tag).