View Full Version : Palm "CEO" Answers Tech Support Lines

Ed Hansberry
12-31-2007, 06:00 PM
<a href="http://www.tnl.net/blog/2007/12/27/could-tech-support-undo-palm/">http://www.tnl.net/blog/2007/12/27/could-tech-support-undo-palm/</a><br /><br />This is a rather amusing experience of someone having a problem with a Palm device trying to get it fixed. As he is passed up the line to ever more senior personnel, he ultimately is talking to the CEO of Palm, Ed Colligan, or at least that is what he is told. Mr. Colligan must have been using his falsetto voice that day. <br /><br /><i>"So I asked employee C11329 to be transfered to her manager. She told me she was the most senior person at Palm. I asked her again politely to transfer me to her manager. She told me she had none. I asked to be transfered to the person that was reviewing her work, giving her assignments, etc.. I was told she had none. I told her I felt that was odd as, apart from the chairman and CEO, I didn’t know of anyone in a company not having a manager. She told me she was the CEO. For a second, I paused. “You’re the CEO of Palm, Inc.?” I asked again, not really believing what I was hearing. “Yes, I am” she replied, now with a defiant tone. “So you’re telling me you’re Ed Colligan?” I asked. “I am the CEO and that’s all you need to know.”</i><br /><br />Where else can you call a major tech industry company and be in touch directly with the CEO? :lol:

burtcom
12-31-2007, 07:10 PM
Perhaps she was the CEO...

...CEO of the outsourced tech support company, that is :roll: :roll:

Jason Dunn
12-31-2007, 10:52 PM
Wow...that's so ridiculous you just know it has to be true. 8O Palm, Palm, Palm...you used to have so much promise! Now I can't even get them to send me a press release. :lol:

BevHoward
01-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Recording the call

At the beginning of virtually every call to any tech support site, a recorded message is played for the caller which normally states;

“…this call may be recorded for quality assurance purposes…”

They have granted explicit permission for anyone to record the call!

Beverly Howard