View Full Version : Any GOOD free alarm clocks for ppc wm6 ?

brayndeded
12-26-2007, 07:24 PM
i just got the htc 6800 with wm6 and would like to get a good alarm clock on it. i really like the spb clock time thing, but if i can find a good free app then i would go that way 1st. the alarm on ppc doesnt allow you to use your wav or mp3 files as alarm chimes...or does it?? i dont see where it does. so if anyone knows of a free good one that lets you use mp3s as the alarm sound, please let me know.

thanks

asims
12-27-2007, 03:26 AM
I don't know if either will work on WM6, but I like MortPlayer and StopTime. MortPlayer (http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?module=download&entry=mp_program&action=list) is a player that gives you the options of setting a separate alarm for each day of the week, and playing music to go to sleep by or to wake up by. StopTime (http://home.comcast.net/~jonsachs/) (fifth program down) lets you set up to six different alarms on each day of the week. It also has a countdown clock. I did notice that StopTime's description states that it will only work on Windows CE 3.0, but my ppc is WM5 and it works wonderfully.

brayndeded
12-27-2007, 06:56 AM
hey thanks for the info asims. i will check them right now.

brayndeded
12-28-2007, 06:01 AM
ive been all over the net to every new old and dried up 4 year old website you can think of, and STILL cant find a good free alarm clock for wm6 for a ppc phone. i think i will just buy the spb unless anyone knows of one that will work with wav and mp3 files you have on the phone.

i can see why they arent free...hard to find.

burtcom
12-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Last I heard, SPB Time wasn't compatible with WM6 -- you might want to make sure before you buy :)

--EDIT: I just downloaded the latest version, and so far it seems to work fine on my WM6 ETEN device

brayndeded
12-29-2007, 09:42 PM
yeah i got the 15 day trrial and it works very good. i dont think theres a better (FREE) alarm out there, so i think im just going to become an spb fan boy and do the pocket plus, weather and time...then get a few of the unithemes and call it good. they all seem to work and gel together real smooth.