View Full Version : HTC Touch, couple of Qs

rules
12-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Hi all

Just got my HTC Touch and loving it so far. Just have a couple of questions.

The weather app that it comes with does not list my city (Cape Town, South Africa), is there anyway sort this?

After checking mail or using some any internet app, I have to manually disconnect the GPRS. Is there not some setting that will let it disconnect automatically?

Thanks.

schmenge
12-21-2007, 04:21 PM
Hi all

Just got my HTC Touch and loving it so far. Just have a couple of questions.

The weather app that it comes with does not list my city (Cape Town, South Africa), is there anyway sort this?

After checking mail or using some any internet app, I have to manually disconnect the GPRS. Is there not some setting that will let it disconnect automatically?

Thanks.

I am not sure about the HTC weather program. You could take a look at Pocket Weather www.sbsh.net if you don't find an answer. I just check and Cape Town is listed in that application.

As for GPRS, Microsoft seems to think that people want this on all the time (to support push email more than anything else). Most phones let you shut off the connection by holding the phone "end" button for several seconds and some third part apps will disconnect automatically. You could also look at PhoneWeaver (another SBSH app) which will let you activate and deactivate the connection (among many other things) via profiles. For example I have a profile that starts at 6:15 AM each day so that my weather can get updated, grab email, etc., then I shut it off a bit later with another profile.

And no, I don't work for SBSH, just use several of their products. :)