View Full Version : USB Trickle Charge, not tricklin'

Godsongz
12-12-2007, 07:41 PM
I have an Acer n311. I have a cradle for syncing and charging at home and a USB charge-n-sync cable that I use at work. Yesterday I set up a new desktop at work, a very nice Dell Optiplex 755, but I think I now have a problem with charging my PPC over USB. My old PC, an Optiplex GX260 would actually charge the n311 fairly quickly for a USB trickle.

http://crossfire.org/images/charging.jpg

With the 755, I've actually been losing power instead of gaining it, albiet very slowly. I was at 27% 3 hours ago, at some point it slipped to 26% like in the snapshot above, and while I'm writing this I see that I'm now down to 25%. I don't see anything in the BIOS about power over USB... I'm not sure where else to look.

ranjo
12-12-2007, 07:48 PM
Some USB ports expecially on the front of PCs are not "powered", try one on the rear that may be on the mother board. Does this port work for other devices at all - is it connected ?

Godsongz
12-12-2007, 08:28 PM
It is connected yes, I can sync through it just fine. I also should have mentioned that I have tried 4 of the 8 USB ports already with the exact same results in all, front and back. I suppose I should try the other 4 too...