View Full Version : External Battery Charger that works with the hx4700 batteries

Russ Smith
11-29-2007, 03:33 AM
After several years hiatus, I've returned to using my hx4700 (now updated to WM6 OS). The battery life is acceptable, but I'd like to make even more sure by charging up a spare. After almost an hour of very frustrating Google searches and even a chat with an HP (not-quite-so-much) expert (who couldn't tell me what the product number would be), I'm stuck. I can find some candidates out there. There's an "HP FA830AA#AC3 iPAQ Common Battery Charger" which looks about right, but I can't be sure. Most listings just say "works with iPAQ". Others list some hx series, but don't mention the hx4700.

So, does anyone have one of these and, if so, can you check the model number. I'd like to get one, but I really don't need an expensive paper-weight if it turns out that it won't work with my batteries.

Thanks in advance.

DustyLBottoms
01-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Russ,

I'm running exactly the same setup with my hx4700 (WM6!!!).

When I get home tonight I'll look at the model# on the charger/spare battery.

DustyLBottoms
01-26-2008, 04:43 AM
Ok, model# for the charger is HSTNH-F02G

Hope that helps!

Russ Smith
01-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks incredibly much. HP "Support" was rather dissapointing with their "we don't carry a charger for that model anymore" when I specifically asked for the model number to see if I could find one on my own.