View Full Version : Contacts Vanished

myhrcat
11-20-2007, 06:43 AM
I had some problems with several programs which wouldn't uninstall so I ran active sync one last time, checking every box to sync everything including contacts, and reset my PDA to factory settings. I figured Active Sync was backing up my files and I could basically lose all my info and just sync up again and my device would be back to normal. Sadly I have learned this is not so. I re-installed all the programs I wanted and then I realized my Contacts did not sync back to the device and they are all gone. Including on Outlook. I've tried going in Norton GoBack to before I did this and the contacts still don't show. I don't know what to do.

Where to the contacts sync to on the computer. I really don't want to re-enter all those hundreds of contacts, and frankly some I'll never be able to get back. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bryan

Qtek s200
Windows Mobile 2003
Windows XP Media Edition
Active Sync 4.5

Cybrid
11-26-2007, 06:31 AM
I had some problems with several programs which wouldn't uninstall so I ran active sync one last time, checking every box to sync everything including contacts, and reset my PDA to factory settings. I figured Active Sync was backing up my files and I could basically lose all my info and just sync up again and my device would be back to normal. Sadly I have learned this is not so. I re-installed all the programs I wanted and then I realized my Contacts did not sync back to the device and they are all gone. Including on Outlook. I've tried going in Norton GoBack to before I did this and the contacts still don't show. I don't know what to do.

Where to the contacts sync to on the computer. I really don't want to re-enter all those hundreds of contacts, and frankly some I'll never be able to get back. Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bryan

Qtek s200
Windows Mobile 2003
Windows XP Media Edition
Active Sync 4.5 Did you check the deleted items folder in Outlook?
If your Outlook recycle bin is not set to delete automatically then the deleted contacts may still be in there...