View Full Version : AT&T Tilt vs Verizon SCH-i760

jamisonw
11-03-2007, 11:43 PM
OK, I switched to Verizon from Cingular 2 years ago and got an xv6700. Running WM6 on it now and it works pretty well. $160/month for 4000 minutes and unlimited data. Now that my 2 years are up I am re-evaluating. I think I will skip the xv6800 (not too new anymore, is it???) and am seriously considering the SCH-i760. I like the dial pad on the outside from a pure phone perspective. I am also thinking about taking a look at the AT&T Tilt. Any comments out there? I am not sure i can get a voice/data plan that is nearly as good (3000 minutes plus data would cost me about $200/month???) and the Tilt really looks more like the xv6800. I can handle the slightly larger size of the SCHi760, and don't need GPS (got that in my car). I wish it had a 3 megapixel camera, but I can live without that too. I am very bummed about having proprietary connection cables (why can't everything be USB???)

Anyway, if anyone has any solid advice for me on which device they would choose, I would really appreciate it. I am slightly leaning towards the SCH-i760, but would look at the Tilt or be willing to wait just a bit for the next big thing if it is worthwhile. Hermes WM6 on the xv6700 is getting me by for now... (Thanks Hermes!!!)

rdjoy
11-21-2007, 04:32 AM
Hello,

I too am interested in comparing the SCH-i760 and ATT Tilt. I'm considering both but need to wait before pulling the trigger. I did handle the Tilt in the store the other day, and it really seemed to work very well. I haven't yet held and tested the instore SCH-i760, but am looking forward to it soon.

I likewise look forward to hearing from others.

RDJ

jamisonw
11-21-2007, 05:27 AM
I finally went with the Samsung. Loving it. Couple small issues, but not enough to complain. Fast, reliable device. One soft reset since purchase, nearly 2 weeks. Very good.

cygone
11-24-2007, 11:33 AM
i think yours is the best argument for i760 rather than the 6800. it's nearly outdated so why not 'skip' the 6800 this time and wait for the next gen 6900.

dougthaler
11-25-2007, 04:11 PM
I have been a Verizon customer for approx 5yrs. Just got the Tilt and switched to AT&T. Worst mistake ever made. AT&T service belongs in the stone age compared to Verizon. The networks and customer support do not compare. I use my phone and data features for business. The network is very spotty and I am in the NYC metro area. I was in midtown Manhattan last week with no service. I borrowed a Verizon phone to make a call. It's true that Verizon is behind on their phones and I got suckered by the lure of technology. What good is the technology if there is no service. Extremely dissapointed.

cab124
11-30-2007, 07:23 PM
I am seriously considering giving up on my wait for a solid VGA converged device and switching from my Dell Axim x50v and a separate mobile phone on Sprint to an AT&T Tilt. Supposedly, AT&T coverage is pretty good in the Columbus area.

But I am now wondering what the odds will be that the Tilt will be upgradeable to the next version of WM (6.1?) when it is released in the first quarter of 2008. If that won't be doable, it probably makes sense to wait.