View Full Version : Mess with DST (daylight savings time) change

rodrigo_braz
11-02-2007, 03:42 AM
Hi,

I am having a hard time with the DST change in the US. Today I noticed my ppc was an hour early. Searched online, and found the MS updates. Followed instructions, installed the updates for ActiveSync, MS Outlook and Windows Mobile (my host Windows system was already updated). I used the following page: http://pocketpccentral.net/help/dst2007.htm.

Pretty much nothing changed. The ppc still gets an hour earlier even if I manually set it. Future appointments show at the correct time, but I guess that is bad news since when I fix the time issue they might be incorrectly set to a wrong time.

Any idea how to fix this?

Thanks,

Rodrigo

schmenge
11-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Check under installed programs on the PPC to be sure the patch is installed. I have seen situations where one installed, but the install did not really "take" and needed to be done again.

If you are in fact installed, I would just wait until Sunday. I have found that with both the spring, and now the fall, I have some (not all) appointments that continue to show the wrong time during the week of change and it corrects itself after the time change.

rodrigo_braz
11-05-2007, 07:50 AM
Yes, you're right, things worked just fine today. Thank you!

Rodrigo