View Full Version : IPAQ h5550

krubinst
10-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Hi,

I just purchased a used (but great condition 100% working) IPAQ. I have a wireless and wired network in the house. I would like to connect to the internet using the IPAQ via my wireless router.

I went through the setup, and entered the WEP Key etc. When I enter a web page into IE, I always get "page cannot be found" message. I didn't do anything to the router (not even sure of the address of it), but the IQAQ gives me the green light that it's connected. Not sure what' I'm missin here. BTW, when Dad visits he has no problem connecting with his wireless Palm.

Thanks for helping this wireless newbie 8O

Cybrid
10-29-2007, 07:01 PM
google "wm 2003 connection manager how to" by al jarvi.
I'm on a limited device at the moment and won't be able to give you the link directly.
Edit: Got the **ing thing to boot up. :)

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/WM2003/Connection_Manager/ConnectionManager.html That's the link

Ranger1
11-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Wow, you have the same problem I do, I have a 5455 and have NEVER been able to connect to ANY wireless network. Personally I do not think its possible other than hardwire to cradle. I have talked to tech support and have logged about 15 hours jacking with it with no luck. I also have the green wlan led on, it sees my router, but when you "rescan" look at see what the IP address is at the bottom, if its 0.0.0.0 it will not connect. Also the dang "my connection" only wants a modem, never sees any wireless. Personally I hate my 5455, nothing but problems. The battery only lasts about 6 hrs (even a new charged one), and PC sync is a complete nightmare (on, off, on, off). Good luck and if you find a solution, let me know. Thanks.

krubinst
11-06-2007, 07:44 PM
I'm still having trouble connecting wirelessly from home..... BUT, the good news is that I visited my parents, and I was able to connect there with no problems....

My thought is that is might be something with my router settings..... I can't even get the IPAQ to see that. So, I'm probably going to try to find some techie who's good with router settings.

kr

WestHaddon
11-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Hi, guys. I am having the same difficulties.

I am using a BT-HomeHub router and a Hp Ipaq h5550.
The router is set to WPA-TSK/TKIP and to get my pda to recognise this protocol I had to download a lot of of rom updates.

I can now "see" the wireless networks and the it shows connected on the ipac, however, I can not see the device on the router.

I have now chnaged the settings on the Ipac so they should not match but it STILL shows as connected. :(

The post that said that they were able to connect that mum's seems to indicate a security type issue.

I would appreciate you thoughts if you have resolved this.

WestHaddon
11-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Wow, you have the same problem I do, I have a 5455 and have NEVER been able to connect to ANY wireless network. and PC sync is a complete nightmare (on, off, on, off). Good luck and if you find a solution, let me know. Thanks.

I too was of the same mind, see my earlier post!

However with a bit of digging i managed to get it to work, Whooho!

I found this little nugget, followed the instructions and bing it has connected.
http://www.mobilitysite.com/boards/ipaq-5xxx-series/210699-getting-wpa-your-ipaq-5555-a.html?highlight=internet

I would reccomend doing a backuop and a hard reset first though if you have any valuable data in the system.

Hope you get on.

Regards