View Full Version : Messaging doesn't connect to changed network.

hamishmacdonald
10-17-2007, 09:11 AM
For several versions of Windows Mobile now, and with several different devices, I've been having trouble reconnecting to my e-mail when I switch networks.

For instance, if I pick up my e-mail over my home wireless connection, then go out to a WiFi cafe, Messaging won't want to connect again to my e-mail accounts, and throws up a general message about being unable to download messages, please check settings, etc. Sometimes a soft reboot will clear this up, other times it won't. I've even resorted to deleting the account and recreating it, which helps (but is obviously a pain).

Now that I've got a 3G device, I'm using more different connections, including my home WiFi, WMDC, and 3G/GPRS/EDGE, so the problem is more glaringly obvious. To send an e-mail to my client yesterday, I had to try reconnecting several times, rebooting, and all kinds of unreproduceable jiggery-pokery. Sometimes I could connect, sometimes not. ActiveSync also starts itself at random somtimes, and I wonder if it might be the culprit, except that the problem persists even if I make it quit.

Even stranger, sometimes *one* account would connect, the others wouldn't, then none of them would. During all this, I can consistently connect to Web pages in Pocket Internet Explorer, so there *is* a connection there; Messaging seems to be the only program with a problem finding it.

As I said, this seems to be an issue with the OS, since I've had it across several versions of Windows Mobile and several devices.

Does anyone have any insight about how to fix this or get around it? Thanks!