View Full Version : Happy Birthday Pocket PC Thoughts!!!

Steven Cedrone
10-12-2007, 11:42 PM
So how many of you remember this post:

Welcome to Pocket PC Thoughts! This site is driven by Blogger, a really innovative way of doing what's called a "web log". A web log is similar to a journal - thoughts, discoveries, new information. The goal of this particular web log is to serve as a focal point for all my thoughts on the Pocket PC. If I find a cool new program, you'll hear about it here. If I discover a workaround for a flaw in the Pocket PC OS, you'll read it here. When I write new articles or columns that I want to draw your attention to, I'll mention it here. When I find a news article that I think others should read, the link will be posted here. This will also serve as a collection point for things that I can't put on PocketPC.com - things like registry hacks and my more, ah, aggressive opinions about certain things. My goal is to update this site at least once a day, sometimes more.

Everything here is my opinion, and does not reflect my role as PocketPC.com Contributing Editor or Microsoft MVP in any way. That said, I'm not planning on going overboard too much in this forum. I'm also not going to go back and edit things I've written, so if I was wrong about something, it will stay there forever. 'aint technology grand? I'll also be using a taxonomy of sorts - each Blog will be prefaced by an all-caps indicator of what it is. PROGRAM, THOUGHT, NEWS, SITE, etc. I imagine this taxonomy will evolve over time.

I'll probably set up some sort of notification system in the future, but in the meantime, why not create a Mobile Favorite of this page? Set it to update every morning and you'll always have the latest content on here. If it the Mobile Favorite does't break that is. :-)

And if there are issues you'd like to have me address and talk about, or disagree with something I've said let me know. Please note that this email address isn't for questions about Pocket PC's - I'd prefer if you went to the Pocket PC Community Forums for that. Thanks!

http://web.archive.org/web/20010124080100/www.pocketpcthoughts.com/2000_10_08_archives.html