View Full Version : H1940 ROM Update Problems

Tomcom05
09-23-2007, 10:23 PM
I downloaded the ROM updater for my ipaq 1940 from HP's website. I followed ALL instructions and read the read-me file. The Updater on my computer starts to verify my Ipaq pocket pc in the updater, but then gives me an error 260 (update error). Then it asks me to unplug my ipaq and do a hard restart, plug it back in, and try the update again. I tried to do the hard restart but all that does is make the screen blink and bring the HP logo up and it sits there. I have let the battery out for an hour (to try and drain the memory battery) but still no luck....just the hp logo ( and the numbers 1.07 repeated twice at the top of the screen). Do I need to call HP? Do I need to leave the battery out longer? Do I through the thing away? Can anyone help me?

Thanks
-Tom

Darius Wey
09-24-2007, 05:23 AM
I have let the battery out for an hour (to try and drain the memory battery) but still no luck....just the hp logo ( and the numbers 1.07 repeated twice at the top of the screen). Do I need to call HP? Do I need to leave the battery out longer? Do I through the thing away? Can anyone help me?

Long story short, it's a bootloader issue. I've encountered it before on an h1940 and after an hour on the phone with HP Support, they were willing to replace it with a brand new one. I suggest you contact them and look at getting it replaced.