View Full Version : Just Released: As the Mirror Cracks by Steve Jordan

Steve Jordan
09-20-2007, 05:10 PM
Allow me to announce the release of my latest novel, As the Mirror Cracks.

Set in a world just a few steps ahead of our own, As the Mirror Cracks tells the story about the discovery of a plot to destroy an internationally-popular virtual reality space. Yeah, yeah, "So what," you say... but this is not just a virtual space... it has become thoroughly integrated into the world's economy, making its potential destruction a worldwide financial crisis! It's a race to save the Mirror, led by a small group of citizens, and their incredibly colorful Mirror avatars, or "reflections."

As the Mirror Cracks is now available at SteveJordanBooks.com (http://www.stevejordanbooks.com/novels.htm#mirror). As always, the e-book is $2.50, available in multiple formats, and with NO DRM to sour the e-book-reading process! Enjoy!

dMores
09-20-2007, 05:36 PM
congratulations, steve.

just a quick question: would you put this novel more in the "science fiction" category, or is it something else, maybe a bit like "lambs/tigers" ?

Steve Jordan
09-20-2007, 11:56 PM
Well, it IS science fiction in that it is set a few years in the future, and it deals with a virtual reality space that is a bit ahead of the VR spaces of today... one that is much more immersive, much more realistic, and much more entertaining.

On the other hand, the story is an adventure about everyday people who find themselves involved with an extraordinary situation, and it takes place as much in the real world as in the virtual one. It's a character-driven story, and not "hard SF."

Jorgen
09-21-2007, 07:46 PM
I also noted that we now can get the books in RTF format! Great idea!

Steve Jordan
09-25-2007, 09:55 PM
I also noted that we now can get the books in RTF format! Great idea!

Yes: I had so many people ask me for PDF files, but in every imaginable size for every type of reader, that I decided it made more sense to just offer the RTF files and let people make their own PDFs. So far, they've been very popular among buyers (as has the book, so far!).