View Full Version : Thinking about getting a tablet

Joelacrane
09-20-2007, 04:00 AM
hey all, remember how my laptop died? -A not-quite-tech-Savvy friend of mine was just given a tablets pc!! of course, in very jealous now. He offered to let me borrow it for the night, So here i am playing with it. Its a Fujitsu st-4110.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fujitsu-Stylistic-st4110-Tablet-PC-Computer-laptop-used_W0QQitemZ330166402912QQihZ014QQcategoryZ39980QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Think I should try to buy one? Is there anything better out there for under $400? I commute by motorcycle, so something small is important.

How do you re-install windows XP on these -if it has a LIScense but no cd?

Cybrid
09-20-2007, 09:14 AM
How do you re-install windows XP on these -if it has a LIScense but no cd? There's a hidden partition that has a restore backup. Tell your friend to backup that partition externally on the odd chance that the hard drive fails totally.

Nurhisham Hussein
09-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Hopefully there is a hidden recovery partition - because you can't just put XP there, it has to be XP Tablet Edition. Otherwise, you lose all the tablet enhancements. If you do get this, beg, borrow or steal a copy of Microsoft OneNote - it's the killer application for Tablet, especially if you're a student.

Cybrid
09-21-2007, 07:20 PM
beg, borrow or steal a copy of Microsoft OneNote - it's the killer application for Tablet, especially if you're a student....erm...careful Nurhisham, That could be miscontrued as advocating warez. :lol: They might revoke your eligibilty for the new secret handshake :wink: