View Full Version : how to backup notification queue

riow
09-18-2007, 09:49 AM
I've a scheduling software installed which has created some schedules using notification queue. Is there anyway to specifically backup some records from notification queue running on WM5? Pls advice! Thx.

Cybrid
09-19-2007, 08:07 AM
sk tools. You can use sprite back up as well but SK tools is likelier to give you just the desired results. it has a free trial.

riow
09-19-2007, 01:48 PM
Hi Cybrid,

Thanks for your recommendations. However I've just tried the sktools which doesn't give functions of exporting notification queue records. Though there's a "save list" function, it doesn't save all parameters existed from all notification records. There's also no import notification exported saved list option. So sktools is not the selection. For sprite backup, it backup or restore everything about system, but it doesn't offer backup of notification queue only.

This seems that all scheduling events via notification queue can't be flexibly controlled in an advanced manner. :(

thierryb
09-20-2007, 06:23 AM
with sktools you have the possibility to export and import infernal databases. Notifications use two databases that you can import and export. I have never used this features with these databases, but with others, and works well.

riow
10-12-2007, 04:25 PM
1, there's no import function offered for the exported list

2, the exported list doesn't contains some special characters which can be seen from other notification queue viewer like memmaid

I can't find any product in the market which can manage notification queue well so far. :(

S_K
10-13-2007, 08:04 PM
With SKTools:

export:
1) Run SKTools
2) Goto View->Maintenance
3) Select Databases
4) mark DB_notify_queue and DB_notify_events
5) select Action->Export Marked
6) select folder for files
7) select Action->OK

import