View Full Version : Doc Reader

crit
09-09-2007, 01:04 AM
G'day from DownUnder

I've just converted over from Palm to HTC P3600i MW6. I have found out why Palm is so good - it just WORKS.

With Palm I had a simple program Qvadis that lasted generations of Palm devices so I could copy and paste text from the desktop to the Palm. It stripped out any formatting and pictures BUT when I shut the device down it held its spot so I could come back and continue reading. With MS Word there is no book mark.

At this stage anything would do, a offline web browser, Doc reader that held your place, e-reader that would read PC MS Word or plain text.
Any help would greatly be appreciated as this seems to be quite important.

Bryan Shean

Cybrid
09-09-2007, 06:57 AM
G'day from DownUnder

I've just converted over from Palm to HTC P3600i MW6. I have found out why Palm is so good - it just WORKS.

With Palm I had a simple program Qvadis that lasted generations of Palm devices so I could copy and paste text from the desktop to the Palm. It stripped out any formatting and pictures BUT when I shut the device down it held its spot so I could come back and continue reading. With MS Word there is no book mark.

At this stage anything would do, a offline web browser, Doc reader that held your place, e-reader that would read PC MS Word or plain text.
Any help would greatly be appreciated as this seems to be quite important.

Bryan Shean
Basically Palm is a single thread/ single task OS. When you stepped away from an application in any way...(started something new, shut the device down, whatever) it saved the state then closed the app. Restart the app...it goes back to the saved state.

Pocket PC's multitasks. You can run simultaneous applications. If you simply minimize/navigate away from an application, it should be exactly as you left it when you return.

It simply behaves in a different and for you...unexpected manner. :)

To understand that, try
Open doc. Get to a marked place. Press start button and open a new application. Press start and go back to Word. It'll be exactly as you left it...
Now press power off. Power on and go to Word (if not already there)...again...exactly as you left it.
Press ok on top right. Your place is lost.