View Full Version : how to access unwired wm5 from wired xp via router

riow
09-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Hi there

At home, my router grant a dynamic ip to my wm5 and xp in the same network. I connect the unwired wm5 to the wired xp via a router without using Activesync successfully. My xp can ping to see wm5 successfully, and vice versa. The wm5 with wifi enabled can access files from a share of the wired xp via the router. However, on the contrary, is there anyway to access files from my xp to the internal and external storage in the wm5 device? Is it necessary to create a share in the wm5, and how to do that pls?

Thanks! :)

Cybrid
09-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Hi there

At home, my router grant a dynamic ip to my wm5 and xp in the same network. I connect the unwired wm5 to the wired xp via a router without using Activesync successfully. My xp can ping to see wm5 successfully, and vice versa. The wm5 with wifi enabled can access files from a share of the wired xp via the router. However, on the contrary, is there anyway to access files from my xp to the internal and external storage in the wm5 device? Is it necessary to create a share in the wm5, and how to do that pls?

Thanks! :) You can't really create a shared folder in a WM device.
There are tools that will help creat an FTP server, if that will be acceptable?
http://www.noisette-software.com/products/pocketpc/ShareIt/
an example. I've never used it and such cannot recommend for or against it.

riow
09-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Great! I'll try Ftp server. Thanks. :D