View Full Version : PPC No Longer Connects to Desktop

Birdman
09-03-2007, 02:03 PM
I have been having no problems with my ipaq 69XX for the past 8 months. I then started having a problem with an alarm reminder that I could not "dismiss". The notification light would flash and it would "bong" every minute or so, but there were no notifications or alarms showing up. After doing some extensive reading, it appears to be a known problem with some notifications being duplicated, or backed up that don't get deleted so I downloaded MeMaid, and that seems to have solved the problem.
However, I now have a drastic problem that my ipaq will not "connect" to either my work computer or my home computer. I checked all of the relevant settings and I know the USB port is working because I hear the "chime" when I cradle the ipaq, plus, it is charging when connected through USB, but AS just sits there and I get the "Not Connected" sign.
I have tried everything (short of a hard reset) and cannot get "Connected". I even tried through BT, still nothing.
Is it possible that somehow MeMaid has "stopped" AS on my ipaq, or deleted some type of program or file that is needed to connect? I am really reluctant to do a hard re-set so I am open to any suggestions.
Thanx. (I have checked "allow to connect through USB, etc.)

Nurhisham Hussein
09-03-2007, 03:56 PM
One way to diagnose whats going on is to do a full backup of the PDA (lots of options here, like SPB Backup), then do a hard reset. Test your connectivity then - if it works, you know something went wrong on the PDA side. If it still doesn't, then the culprit is on the PC side. You can then restore the backup and proceed from there.

Birdman
09-04-2007, 12:49 AM
that is a good thought. The problem is that while I do own a copy of a full backup program, I never got around to loading it on my ipaq and now that I can't connect to either my home or work PC (not even as a guest) I have no way of loading the back up software onto the ipaq before I hard re set. I am pretty sure it is a PPC issue, not a PC issue because the connection issues started right after the MeMaid clean up and I can't connect on either of my computers.

Cybrid
09-04-2007, 07:53 AM
that is a good thought. The problem is that while I do own a copy of a full backup program, I never got around to loading it on my ipaq and now that I can't connect to either my home or work PC (not even as a guest) I have no way of loading the back up software onto the ipaq before I hard re set. I am pretty sure it is a PPC issue, not a PC issue because the connection issues started right after the MeMaid clean up and I can't connect on either of my computers.PPC software is installed by a .CAB file. When you click the exe on a pc it omly tranfers that cab to your device and then the cab activates. As such, you could install without a PC by moving the relevant cab to the device (wifi, beaming, storage card) and clicking the cab file.

Have you tried connecting to another PC?

Birdman
09-04-2007, 12:43 PM
I will try and put the cab file on my mini SD card through the card reader and backup that way.
I tried connecting to my desktop at home and it won't connect there either. I even tried deleting the partnership and connecting as a guest, still no luck.